The Bottom Line: A Business Blueprint for DEI
Friday, February 16, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
GCSU Peabody Auditorium
Presented by the GCSU Office of Inclusive Excellence and the Milledgeville Chamber of Commerce
Organizations have come a long way to diversify their workforce. But, diversity goes well beyond the numbers. The emerging workforce of millennials and Gen Z seek to work in a company where they can thrive and do their best work in an inclusive culture. In addition, the Gen Z consumer “sees increased diversity as good for society. Their views on diversity extend to the companies they show support for through their purchases.” – Pew Research Study 2019
An organization’s success is overwhelmingly reliant on its culture. Their culture reflects their values, customs, and beliefs. Their culture must be able to not only attract and retain the millennial and Gen Z workforce but also keep their organizations relevant in this new consumer market.
This one-day conference will offer a panel discussion, breakout sessions, and a keynote luncheon that will include business professionals sharing key insights on ways they have advanced DEI practices within their culture; as well as talk about the importance and value of inclusion in the workplace.
The conference registration is $20. Registration will include lunch. For additional information, please contact Jennifer Birch from the Office of Inclusive Excellence at 478-445-4233.
The program's agenda is:
Panelist Discussion 9:10 – 9:50 a.m.
- Crystal Law, Financial Advisor with Edward Jones
- Demetrius M. Smith, Community Outreach Specialist with FBI Atlanta Division
- Dr. Juawn A. Jackson, Board President with Bibb County School District
- Pierre Clements, Senior Sales Leader, Account Management with Thermo Fisher Scientific
10 – 10:50 a.m.
- DEI: A Path to Success through Shared Values, Diminishing Resistance
- Building Capacity for Workplace Inclusion
11 -11:50 a.m.
- Representation Matters: What You See is What You Get! Or is It?
Keynote Speaker & Luncheon 12 – 12:45 p.m.
- Sirnette Dickerson, Customer Relationship Group Mgr. with UPS Capital
Door Prize Giveaways and Closing 12:45 – 1 p.m.